I’ve mentioned a few times, that I run. However, since returning from Paris, I’m really struggling to get back into it. I’m not sure if it’s the dark nights or the cold weather, but I’m finding it really hard to motivate myself to get out there.
I really do love it and I have a 10k race booked for 23rd November, so I really need to pull my socks up!
I thought writing a post about the reasons why I run and why I love it might help. I’m thinking that I can refer back to this list whenever I’m struggling and it might just give me the kick up the bum that’s needed! Hopefully it will inspire other people too.
I run and love to run because:
- It makes me feel happy
- It means I can eat more cake without gaining weight!
- It’s made my arms (and legs) more trim
- It gives me loads more energy – I don’t get that 3pm slump and I can keep up with my kids
- I get to wear some gorgeous funky running gear
- It has made me the fittest I have ever been
- It’s me time – I can clear my mind and sometimes listen to some funky beats
- I get to win medals – love a bit of bling!
- It makes me feel super proud when I get a PB (personal best)
- It’s made me achieve things I never thought possible – 13.1 miles used to be a distant dream!!
I have a run planned for tomorrow morning with a friend, let’s hope it gives me my mojo back!