The summer holidays are rapidly approaching, and with the awful weather we’re having I think everyone is super keen to swap grey skies and rainy days for a bit of sunshine. We tend to be super organised when it comes to holidays as it generally means we can get some good deals. However, if your family holiday plans are still up in the air, I would recommend taking a look at the Sunêlia Vacances 5* holiday parks, which are located in 24 prime locations across France.
Now, I have to be honest campsites are not usual by sort of thing. However, the Sunêlia Vacances holiday parks look amazing. They have sites beside the beach, in the mountains or out in the country and every site has a water park that would go down well with the kids, whilst Sunêlia ’s gourmet cuisine is a bonus for adults. Add high-quality accommodation, local culture, activity and entertainment programmes and a dose of French savoir-vivre, and you have the formula for a successful and relaxing holiday. Other facilities at most parks also include a Spa, kids club, sports ground, bicycle hire and an indoor pool. Access by air, rail or motorway is easy and Sunêlia guarantees credits of up to €200 towards the next visit if the sun doesn’t appear during the week, which is a really nice added bonus.
They currently have availability on selected dates from the end of July and throughout August; prices start at €50 per night for a family of 4 or 5 in a 2-bedroom cottage on the Atlantic Coast.
For something slightly different, consider Domaine de la Brèche for its equestrian centre and new parents’ suite (luxury accommodation, private Jacuzzi, BBQ) or Domaine de la Dragonnière with hammocks for a siesta, star gazing or a quiet time with a good book. Both look amazing.
Example prices (per night), correct at the time of distribution for accommodation (family of 2 adults/2 children) in July and August are:
- €89 Jul 19-26 and 24-31 – Sunêlia Les Rives du Lac (Armagnac countryside, beautiful lakeside setting)
- €100 Jul 20-27 Le Clos de Rhône (Mediterranean coast, bordering the Camargue National Park)
- €91 Jul 20-27 Les Logis d’Orres (Hautes-Alpes, classic lake and mountain scenery near the Italian border)
- €112 Aug 17-24 Domaine de la Dragonnière (Mediterranean – Languedoc beaches and Canal du Midi)
- €215 Aug 17-24 Interlude (Mediterranean, only 5* park on the Ile de Re, next to the best beach)
- €184 Aug 17-24 Les Trois Vallées (Pyrenees, 10 minutes from Lourdes, stunning panoramic views)
- €65 Aug 20-27 La Pointe du Médoc (Atlantic coast, close to the beach, exceptional wine country)
- €80 Aug 24-31 La Ribeyre (Auvergne countryside, glorious setting near the Auvergne volcanoes)
- €50 Aug 24-31 Les Oyats (Atlantic coast, in Seignosse, close to beaches, Biarritz and the Spanish border)
- *€127 Aug 27-24 Domaine de la Brèche (Loire Valley, by a lake and river near Saumur and chateaux)
Visit their website: www.sunelia.com/en for destinations, prices, brochure requests and reservations.
NB: This post is not an ad, I received an email from Sunelia and genuinely thought their campsites looks amazing and were really reasonably priced. Plus, I thought it would be useful to share with families who are looking for a reasonably priced summer holiday.