There are so many homeowners out there that concentrate on doing their own plumbing, and that fact may shock you! Usually, if there is an issue with the water or the pipes, the first thing that people do is call in an expert to work on it. However, with money tightening, the DIY plumbing route is the way that people go. The problem with this is that people will try to do it themselves and often make it worse! The best thing to do is to do it the right way the first time, and avoid any issues recurring.
Whether you are dealing with repeated blocked drains or you need to have your whole water system ripped out and started again, there are a lot of reasons that you might consider calling a plumber out to help you! Rather than do it yourself, outsource and bring on the professionals to do it for you in these instances:
- Clogged sinks. Blocked drains are bad, but clogged sinks are a pain in the neck! It’s not easy to brush your teeth and rinse or wash your dishes when the drains are pushing up filthy water. Sinks can clog for a range of different reasons, but the most common one is the beauty products that are washed down the sink. This can create a build up on the inside of the pipes and boom, blockage. You’ll need a plumber if the hot water and bleach trick doesn’t work,
- A flood. Walking into the kitchen or the bathroom with several inches of water? Not the one first thing in the morning. Water damage is a huge issue in the house and it can destroy absolutely everything from the furniture to the flooring. You want to know that you can act on this problem as quickly as possible and a plumber can help to identify the source and get your home dried out as soon as possible. Water on the floor should never fester – ask for help!
- Cold showers. Well, not just showers, but if your hot water taps are throwing out cold water, you need a plumber to come in and figure out what’s going on. It could be a boiler issue or it could be a piping issue. Either way, you should consider that your repairs can run quite high the longer you leave it!
- New installations. Are you looking to install a new bathroom or kitchen? A plumber can be a saving grace in these cases as they can ensure that your whole remodel is done properly. They will make sure that the pipes are in the right place and they’ll give you the dream bathroom or kitchen you’ve been looking for.
- Leaky showers/taps. A homeowner can spend a LOT of money on trying to fix a leak if they don’t know how to do it themselves. Instead of spending a ton of cash, hire a plumber to come in and do it for you. You’d be shocked with how much less you’d spend as a result!